NDA (Women eligible now) Physical and Medical standards
Now women candidates can also take admission in National Defense Academy after completing class 12th for the first time. The Supreme Court has asked the Center to allow women candidates to appear in the prestigious NDA exam to be held on November 14. The Defense Ministry will plan the medical and physical fitness standards for female candidates. Read below to know about NDAphysical standard requirements.
NDA Eligibility: Physical Fitness
There are certain requirements related to physical fitness or facilities which must be fulfilled by the candidate while submitting the NDA application form.
The physical parameters required are listed below.
unwanted health issues
The candidate should not be suffering from any of the minor conditions at the time of medical examination –
- wax (ears)
- deviated nasal septum
- hydrocele / phimosis
- overweight / underweight status
- under size chest
Height and Weight Requirements for the Army and Air Force
On the other hand, for candidates belonging to Lakshadweep Islands, the minimum height standard can be reduced by 2 cm.
The waist-hip ratio for male candidates should be less than 0.9 and for female candidates it should be below 0.8.
Candidates should note that the specified minimum height measurement is 157 cms (162.5 cms for Air Force).
For Gorkhas and people belonging to the hills of North-Eastern regions of India, Garhwal and Kumaon, the minimum height will be 5 cm less than the normal figure.
|Height (in cms)||Weight (in kgs)|
|16-17 years||17-18 years||18-19 years|
For Gorkhas and candidates belonging to the hills of North-Eastern regions of India, Garhwal and Kumaon, the minimum height shall be 5 cms less than the figure mentioned above. For candidates belonging to Lakshadweep, the minimum height standard is reduced by 2 cm.
Height and Weight requirements for Navy
|Height (In cms)||Weight (in kgs)|
|16 years||18 years||20 years|
Candidates who wish to become a pilot must fulfill the following requirements.
Leg Length: Minimum 99 cm and Maximum 120 cm
Thigh Length: Max 64cm
Seating Height: Minimum 81.50 cms and Maximum 96 cms
Body tattoo case:
The candidate should ensure that any permanent body tattoo is present only on the inner side of the forearm.
UPSC will not accept tattoos from the inside of the elbow to the wrist and on the back/back (dorsal) side of the palm of the hand under any circumstances.
Permanent tattoos on any other part of the body are also not acceptable.
If the candidate belongs to a tribe, where it is customary to have tattoo marks on the face or body, acceptance will be given on a case-by-case basis, taking into account the traditions involved. The decision of the authorities in such cases will be final.
Candidates should not have the following diseases.
- Granulomatous disease of the spine
- Arthritis/spondylosis (rheumatoid arthritis and associated disorders/ankylosing spondylitis/osteoarthrosis, spondylosis and degenerative joint diseases/non-articular arthritis (such as lesions of the rotator cuff, tennis elbow, recurrent lumbago etc.) and miscellaneous disorders including SLE, polymyositis.
- Spondylolisthesis / Spondylolysis
- vertebral compression fractures
- SCHEuermann’s disease (juvenile kyphosis)
- Loss of cervical lordosis when associated with clinically restricted movements of the cervical spine
- Unilateral/bilateral cervical ribs with demon stable neurological or circulatory deficits
- Scoliosis greater than 15 degrees as measured by Cobb’s method
- degenerative disc. Disease
- Presence of Schmorl’s nodes on more than one level
- Atlanto-occipital and atlantoaxial anomalies
- Hemi vertebrae and/or incomplete block (fused) vertebrae at any level in the cervical, dorsal or lumbar spine and complete block (attached) vertebrae at more than one level in the cervical or dorsal spine
- Unilateral sacralization or lumbarization (complete or incomplete) and bilateral incomplete sacralization or lumbarization at all levels
- Any other abnormality if considered so by the specialist.
- Candidates should have far vision (corrected) 6/6 in better eye and 6/9 in bad eye.
- Myopia 2.5D. should not exceed.
- Hypermetropia not exceeding 3.5 d including astigmatism
- Air Force candidates should not wear spectacles
- Candidates can check below the visual standards for Navy and Air Force.
|Uncorrected without glass||6/6||6/6, 6/9|
|Corrected with glass||6/6||6/6 (only for Hypermetropia)|
|Limits of Myopia||-0.75||Nil|
|Limits of Hypermetropia||+1.5||+2.00 D Sph|
|Limits of Colour Perception||I||Nil|
|Manifest Myopia||N. A||Nil Re|
|Tinoscopic Myopia||N. A||0.5|
|Colour Vision||N.A||CP-I (MLT)|
|Astigmatism||N.A||+0.75 Cyl (within + 2.0 D.Max)|
|Near Vision||N.A||N-5 each eye|
NDA Miscellaneous Conditions
|Vision standard for Army candidates|
|Distance Vision (Corrected)||Better Eye 6/6; Worse Eye 6/9|
|Colour vision||CP-III (Defective Safe).|
Myopia should be less than -2.5D including astigmatism and manifest
hypermetropia should be less than +3.5D including Astigmatism.
- Any of the following conditions will disqualify the candidature of the candidates.
- Granulomatous disease of the spine.
- Arthritis / Spondylosis
- Scoliosis is greater than 15 degrees as measured by Cobb’s method (10 degrees for the Army and Navy).
- More than mild kyphosis/lordosis
- Spondylolisthesis / Spondylosis / Spondylolysis
- herniated nucleus pulposus
- vertebral compression fractures
- sanctification disease
- Cervical ribs with demonstrable neurological or circulatory deficit
- Presence of Schmorl’s node at more than one level
- Atlanto-occipital and atlanto-axial anomalies
- Incomplete saccharification unilateral or bilateral
- spina bifida other than sv1 and lv5 if completely sac
- Any other abnormality, if considered so by the specialist
Other medical conditions
- There should be no signs of weak constitution or physical defects
- Candidates should have a well developed chest
- Must have good bone or joint function
- No history of medical breakdown or fit
- Candidates should have normal hearing ability
- no hindrance in speech
- Normal blood pressure with no signs of heart disease or blood vessel disease
- no liver or spleen enlargement
- no abnormality in urine
- no skin disease
- No abnormality in USG abdominal examination
- Adequate number of natural and healthy teeth
- Routine ECG should be within normal limits for Air Force candidates
Join Soldiers Defence Academy Allahabad
Do you what to crack the Defence Exam? To serve the nation, the sky is that the limit for you and what better option is there than to embark on a career journey in Defence.
Soldiers Defence Academy, the Best Defence Coaching Institute in Allahabad will assist you to make your dreams come true.
Enroll yourself today to organize for Armed Forces Entrance Exams – AFCAT, AIR FORCE X AND Y GROUP, NDA, CDS, MNS, INET, NAVY AA/SSR/MR.
Our dedicated and 25+ years experienced faculty will provide the determined candidates with full overhaul training starting from written classes, online classes, crash course programs, physical training, mock tests, and etc.
Call and connect with us to book a seat for yourself for the upcoming batch of 2021-22. Special discount offers on booking at the earliest. For any query/inquiry you’ll connect us via the subsequent ways: –
Website – https://soldiersdefenceacademy.com
Twitter – https://twitter.com/sdaallahabad
Address: Malviya Rd, Near sapa Office, George Town, Prayagraj, Uttar Pradesh 211002
Call on: 9559196198, 8576091586, 9335003636