Tips to prepare for CDS exam at home
(CDS) II is going to be held on 14th November 2021. CDS Exam Admit Card is out and will be available till 14th November 2021. In this article, we discuss Tips to prepare for CDS exam at home
The CDS exam is conducted twice a year by the Union Public Service Commission to recruit eligible candidates for officer positions in the Indian Military Academy, Officers Training Academy, Indian Naval Academy and Indian Air Force Academy.
CDS Preparation Tips: Time Management
- Candidates must know how to manage their time effectively so that they can complete the paper within the allotted time.
- Candidates appearing for CDS are advised to start at least 3 to 6 months before the exam.
- Follow a regular study routine to complete the entire syllabus
- Make a timetable and specifically dedicate 6-8 hours for the preparation.
- Take the Time to Manage Your Weekly Revisions Too
- Take small breaks in between.
- Increase your confidence level by getting updated with all current affairs.
CDS Preparation Tips: Solving Previous Years Sample Papers.
- Try solving previous years question papers.
- This will help you to get an idea about the exam pattern, type of questions, weightage given to the subjects.
- Helps you with time management.
- Gives the feel of real paper.
- Give mock tests by setting a timer on your watch.
CDS Preparation Tips: Important Points to Remember.
To prepare for the CDS exam, a candidate must be ready to work hard physically and mentally. Candidates must have proper UPSC study material like previous years papers, preparation books, subject-wise notes etc. After getting the relevant study material, candidates can follow the following tips to improve their chances of getting selected:
- Get yourself the printed copies of exam pattern, syllabus and previous year question papers.
- In the beginning of your preparation days your basic concepts should be clear instead of memorizing the formulas.
- By analyzing the previous year question papers, candidates need to focus on the important topics that score maximum marks in each exam.
- Develop the habit of reading. Reading a variety of media, such as magazines, newspapers, blogs, notes, etc. helps in increasing vocabulary as well as understanding of practical English.
- Make a list of all the new words and their meanings. Try using the words in the list in different scenarios and sentences.
- Give online mock tests to improve your answering ability.
- Read dailies, news blogs, watch news etc. to stay in touch with the latest happenings in all regions of the world. Try to keep the content spacious.
- Make notes of every important date, name or event that you come across.
- Several mock tests can help the candidate in preparing for GK.
- Make a list of all the important formulas, theorems, identities etc and revise them daily.
- Try solving different types of questions to learn the proper use of theorems and identities.
- Enroll in an online mock test series.
Last-Minute Tips for CDS 2021
A few weeks before the exam are important as it is the time to revise what you have studied, without summing up all the knowledge. The following steps can help the candidates to plan and prepare in that time:
- Make short and useful notes. Notes should be to the point and serve as a summary of what has been studied.
- Although the last week can be a chaotic time, a calm and planned approach is required.
- Time management is important. CDS exam is a time-based test which gives approximately one minute to the candidates to attempt each question. Not only knowledge, but speed in using that knowledge is also important.
- There is negative marking for each wrong answer in the exam. Therefore speculation should be avoided.
- It is helpful to take online mock tests.
Tips to prepare for CDS exam at home:-
PRACTICE MOCK TEST PAPERS
- Mock test papers are very important while preparing for any government exam. And when it comes to tough exams like CDS, it is necessary to solve most of the tests. There are many such sites on the internet that provide free mock test papers to the candidates. Candidates can take the help of these sites and solve CDS Exam Mock Tests for their preparation.
- Soldiers defense academy is one of the most trusted sites providing CDS exam mock test candidates can contact this portal
- Mock Test CDS will help in analyzing the weak points before the Exam.
- Mock Test will help to understand the exam pattern and style.
- CDS Mock Tests will help the candidate to apply their knowledge and get command over the Exam.
By solving mock tests, candidates will remember the syllabus of the CDS exam, which is very important before appearing for the actual CDS exam.
SOLVE PREVIOUS YEAR QUESTION PAPERS
- The previous year question papers were a tool to analyze the UPSC pattern in asking questions in the CDS exam. Previous year papers help candidates to get an idea of the type of questions asked in the CDS exam. Also, solving previous year questions [helps to get command over the exam pattern and syllabus of Appar CDS exam.
- Previous year question papers help to analyze the trend of questions asked in the CDS exam.
- It helps the candidates to assess themselves before appearing for the CDS exam in a realistic way
- Solving previous year question papers helps in managing the allotted time effectively.
- Previous year question papers help to prepare, plan and execute strategy on time for the CDS exam.
TAKE HELP OF STANDARD BOOKS
Knowledge of basic NCERT is not enough to appear and crack the CDS exam. The questions in the CDS exam are of a higher level than only those of NCERT. So, what can the candidate do?
- Candidates can go for the standard books prescribed for the CDS exam. These standard books will help in increasing the knowledge of CDS aspirants. Candidates can also find some guide related to the CDS exam and prepare for it at home.
- Standard books help in increasing the knowledge area of the candidates and prepare them for the level of the CDS exam.
- Standard books are a major structure on the basis, which is NCERT.
- Guides related to the CDS exam can be kept in mind.
READ NEWSPAPER DAILY
- Reading the newspaper may seem like a hectic task, but it is very important while preparing for the CDS exam. Most of the questions come from GK and English. Aspirants can explore the strategy of the newspaper to make these areas strong. Reading the newspaper will make the candidates aware of the daily current affairs and will boost their confidence in English.
- Newspaper reading is a must for CDS aspirants.
- Newspapers help to keep abreast of the daily happenings out of which questions can be asked in the CDS exam.
- Reading newspapers helps the candidate to enhance his English speaking and writing skills.
WORK ON WEAK AREAS AND REVISE REGULARLY
- Every candidate has some weak and strong areas which they face during their preparation. The strong areas work as a plus point for the candidate, but the weak areas can affect the score of the candidate in the CDS exam. To avoid this, the candidate should focus more on his/her weak areas.
- Some of the candidates find themselves weak in maths, so they should devote more time to maths practice to get over the subject.
- Continually work on weak areas.
- Do not avoid weak areas, but give it more time.
- Weak areas should be compensated for with more guidance, coaching and additional practice.
Here in the above article, we have discussed 6 most effective tips to prepare for the CDS exam at home. If the candidate is consistent, consistent and positive in his approach then these tips will definitely work.
CDS exam is undoubtedly one of the toughest exams to be conducted in India with more than 2 lakh candidates appearing in 2021. But this number cannot scare away the candidates who are working hard and consistent in their approach to the preparation of the CDS Exam.
Join Soldiers Defence Academy Allahabad
Do you what to crack the Defence Exam? To serve the nation, the sky is that the limit for you and what better option is there than to embark on a career journey in Defence.
Soldiers Defence Academy, the Best Defence Coaching Institute in Allahabad will assist you to make your dreams come true.
Enroll yourself today to organize for Armed Forces Entrance Exams – AFCAT, AIR FORCE X AND Y GROUP, NDA, CDS, MNS, INET, NAVY AA/SSR/MR.
Our dedicated and 25+ years experienced faculty will provide the determined candidates with full overhaul training starting from written classes, online classes, crash course programs, physical training, mock tests, and etc.
Call and connect with us to book a seat for yourself for the upcoming batch of 2021-22. Special discount offers on booking at the earliest. For any query/inquiry you’ll connect us via the subsequent ways: –
Website – https://soldiersdefenceacademy.com
Twitter – https://twitter.com/sdaallahabad
Address: Malviya Rd, Near sapa Office, George Town, Prayagraj, Uttar Pradesh 211002
Call on: 9559196198, 8576091586, 9335003636